Faster economic growth as well as reforms make India a good macroeconomic story and this, coupled with the stable credit profile of companies, bodes well for foreign currency bonds by Indian issuers, , indian companies, economic growth, reforms, india, S&P Global Ratings
Growing military ambitions in the Asia-Pacific are creating security risks, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said in a coded message to China to exercise strategic restraint, , narendra modi, china, donald trump, asia-pacific
India's economy lost momentum in the final three months of 2016 after Prime Minister Narendra Modi's ban on high-value notes hurt consumption and businesses but it is set to pick up this quarter, , Demonetisation, economic growth, narendra modi, gdp
India is projected to grow by 7.7 per cent in fiscal 2017, remaining the fastest growing large developing economy, as it benefits from strong private consumption and gradual introduction of significant domestic reforms, a United Nations report said, , economic growth, UN Report, manufacturing, Demon...
Britain will quit the European Union's single market when it exits the bloc, Prime Minister Theresa May said on Tuesday, in a decisive speech that quashed speculation she would seek a compromise deal to stay inside the world's biggest trading bloc, , Brexit, theresa may, united kingdom, european uni...
'Increase in the tax slabs will be very counterproductive to what the government wants. But increasing long term gains tax for equity as an asset class from 1 year to 3 years, will only help the investors family', , Union Budget 2017-18, taxation, stockmarket, capital gains tax, bw events
President-elect Donald Trump's stern warning to American companies for not doing enough to keep jobs in the US does not make Microsoft's India-born CEO Satya Nadella nervous as he is confident about the tech giant's role as a job creator, , satya nadella, microsoft, donald trump, job creation
Chinese President Xi Jinping offered a vigorous defence of globalisation and free trade in a speech at the World Economic Forum in Davos on Tuesday, which underscored Beijing's desire to play a greater global role as the United States turns inward, , World economic forum 2017, xi jingping, trade war...
Demonetisation may wipe out the present stock of black money held in cash from the economy but cannot eliminate the ill-gotten wealth converted into assets such as gold and real estate, Assocham said on Tuesday, , Demonetisation, assocham, black money, rupee
A day after China came out strongly against the Obama administration on India's NSG bid, outgoing US envoy Richard Verma on Tuesday exuded confidence that the Donald Trump government would be able to overcome the Chinese hurdle., , nuclear suppliers group, india, us, china, richard verma
India features among top six for global executives when it comes to overall growth prospects over the next 12 months, but enthusiasm for investing in the country has dropped from three years ago, finds out a survey, , World economic forum 2017, india, davos, investment, PwC Survey
Shares eased marginally on Tuesday as oil-to-telecom conglomerate Reliance Industries Ltd dragged on the market over concerns about spending at its telecom unit that overshadowed better-than-expected third-quarter earnings, , sensex, nifty, shares, stocks, reliance industries
Global chief executives are more confident about the economy and the near-term prospects for their companies than they were a year ago, although the impact of recent political upheavals tops their list of longer-term concerns, , World economic forum 2017, davos, global economy, Brexit
The split of GST taxpayers between the two will be done horizontally with states getting to administer and control 90 per cent of the assessees below Rs 1.5 crore annual turnover, and the remaining 10 per cent coming under the Centre, , goods and services tax, arun jaitley, gst council, taxation
Despite IMF's downward revision of India's growth rate and a slight upward revision of China's growth projections, India continues to be the fastest growing countries among emerging economies, , economic growth, international monetary fund, Demonetisation
The group led by Akhilesh Yadav is the Samajwadi Party and is entitled to use its name and reserved symbol Bicycle, the three-member Election Commission headed by Nasim Zaidi said in its order, , akhilesh yadav, mulayam singh yadav, samajwadi party, nasim zaidi, election commission of india