yesterday at 22:01.
So incredible it's worth re-sharing
Flight attendant saves girl from human trafficking after seeing secret note
132 likes - 3 comments
yesterday at 22:03
yesterday at 22:04
yesterday at 22:05
Brilliant well done.
yesterday at 21:41.
14,000-year-old village discovered in Canada
454 likes - 19 comments
yesterday at 21:44
I would like to see how advanced they were. Particularly their boat technology.
yesterday at 21:43
Well, here goes the 6,000 years old Earth creation argument
yesterday at 21:42
Dear independent, what's so incredible here? Are there any mangoes discovered on that site?
yesterday at 21:21.
According to Barack Obama's ethics chief
Donald Trump can't pardon himself. It would also be an admission of guilt
253 likes - 54 comments
yesterday at 21:23
Shame on you fake News Media for harassing this man and his whole family.....
yesterday at 21:30
The independent is owned by a russian oligarch, pot calling the kettle black ANOTHER FAKE STORY
Paul R Getto
yesterday at 21:30
Pardons or not, he and his family are damaged if not ruined. Russian mobsters who don't get their VIG don't care who they hurt. If the family cannot keep up all their payments to the Big Bear they are toast.
Ironic: The American Gangster word comes from Russian. Vigorish, or simply the vig, also known as juice, under-juice, the cut or the take, is the amount charged by a bookmaker, or bookie, for taking a bet from a gambler. In the United States, it also means the interest on a shark's loan. The term originates from the Russian word for winnings, выигрыш vyigrysh.
yesterday at 21:01.
It's not salt and lemon
This is how to drink tequila and actually enjoy it
190 likes - 106 comments
yesterday at 21:23
Step one: Pour yourself a good measure of tequila into a good sized glass.
Step two: pour that crap down the sink, because you don't need that foul tasting liquid going anywhere near your mouth
yesterday at 21:07
Chris tell Andy there's a bar in Battersea that stocks 70 varieties of Tequila!! Details in this article. Hope you are all enjoying your holiday by the way
Rowan Hyde Watson
yesterday at 21:18
Toni Gormley this might fuel your strange fetish for tequila
yesterday at 20:41.
How often do you wash yours?
People are outraged after this woman admitted on TV how often she changes her bed linen
136 likes - 213 comments
yesterday at 20:45
4 weeks. That's about right surely? My life's too busy to be arsing about with linen Every week
yesterday at 20:42
People who get upset by this need to re-evaluate their lives!
Stephen Edward Garside
yesterday at 20:48
Once a week... Still can't get the cat hairs off.. Any tips anyone?
yesterday at 20:21.
The one thing that will ruin your wedding day, according to this bride's story
43 likes - 30 comments
yesterday at 20:42
Fairly sure there are worse things you can do on your wedding day than getting drunk and acting a fool.
yesterday at 20:54
What nearly ruined my wedding day was obnoxious relatives and family friends I felt obligated to invite. If I could go back, I wouldn't have invited even a quarter of the guests. That's what I wanted in the first place, very small and intimate, maybe 20 people, but it ended up over a hundred and if I'm brutally honest it wasn't a very enjoyable day for me. We've been happily married for 12 years but our actual wedding day was not the cliche 'best day of our life.'
yesterday at 20:22
I love meeting new people on fb and exploring each other, sharing thoughts and experiences. If you think you can be a friend kindly hit the add button.
yesterday at 20:01.
Are you excited?
The first trailer for Westworld season 2 looks spectacular
871 likes - 427 comments
yesterday at 20:38
Well considering that i haven't seen the first season, not really.
yesterday at 20:07
I'll be excited when the worthless rag known as the independent goes away for good.
yesterday at 21:32
Ross Whitehouse don't know if you've seen this yet!
yesterday at 19:41.
This is Chase Tag, the brilliant sport you've probably never heard of
291 likes - 93 comments
yesterday at 19:48
"... the brilliant sport you've probably never heard of."
You mean like the brilliant game that kindergartners and first graders all over the world play? Only difference is... normal people call it either chase or tag not Chase Tag
yesterday at 19:45
No helmets, no safety and jumping around metal objects. One bad judgment or a slip and you break your jaw or worse, you get a neck injury.
This is what happens when you don't have enough of Vitamin B6 in your body. The vitamin that makes you intelligent. It's found in Pakistani mangoes which are out this summer with full sweetness and freshness.
Go and get them from a store near you and send them to these guys before they end up getting a fracture.
yesterday at 19:43
I have never seen anything so stupid. Got ya ! Your it ! What is next ? Duck Duck Goose.
Now maybe if they played British bulldog like back in the 70s. That would be interesting.
yesterday at 19:21.
Nadiya Hussain has a flawless response to Islamophobia
287 likes - 65 comments
yesterday at 19:44
Isn't it time to stop using this misnomer ? Many people have a rational fear of Islam. Whose fault is that ? Don't you realize that it's a way of blaming a potential victim ? How many have an irrational fear of Islam ? Gays ? No, their fear would be perfectly rational if they lived in an Islamic dominated country. Do people have Christophobia ? Buddhaphobia ? Hinduphobia ? Of course not, because those religions aren't trying to bomb the beejaysus out of us.
yesterday at 19:22
God is Love (Agape)
Jesus v Muhammad
Which one represents God:
Muhammad said: Allah hates those who don’t accept Islam. (Qur’an 98:6, 22:38)
• Jesus said: God loves everyone. (John 3:16)
• Muhammad said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. (Sahih Muslim 1:33)
• Jesus said: He who lives by the sword will die by the sword. (Matthew 26:52)
• Muhammad stoned women for adultery. (Sahih Muslim 4206)
•Jesus said: Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. (John 8:7)
• Muhammad permitted stealing from unbelievers (Bukhan 44:668, Ibn Ishaq 764)
• Jesus said: Thou shalt not steal (Matthew 19:18)
• Muhammad permitted lying (Sahih Muslim 6303, Bukhari 49:857)
• Jesus said: Thou shalt not bear false witness. (Matthew 19:18)
• Muhammad owned and traded slaves (Sahih Muslim 3901)
• Jesus neither owned nor traded slaves
• Muhammad murdered those who insulted him. (Bukhari 56:369, 4:241)
• Jesus preached forgiveness and forgave those who killed Him. (Luke 23:34)
• Muhammad said: If then anyone transgresses the prohibition against you, transgress ye likewise against him. (Qur’an 2:194)
• Jesus said: If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Matthew 5:39)
• Muhammad said: Jihad in the way of Allah elevates one’s position in Paradise by a hundred fold. (Muslim 4645)
• Jesus said: Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. (Matthew 5:9)
• Muhammad married 13 wives and kept sex slaves. (Bukhari 5:268, Qur’an 33:50)
• Jesus was celibate, was never married.
• Muhammad had sex with a 9 year old child. (Sahih Muslim 3309, Bukhari 58:236)
• Jesus did not have sex with children.
• Muhammad ordered the murder of women. (Ibn Ishaq 819, 995) and beat women (sahih muslim 2127, Quran 4:34)
• Jesus never harmed a woman, He loved and cared for them.
• Muhammad said: O you who believe! Fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness. (Qur’an 9:123)
• Jesus said: Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the Earth. (Matthew 5:5)
• Muhammad ordered 65 military campaigns and raids in his last 10 years. (Ibn Ishaq)
• Jesus ordered no military campaigns, nor offered any approval of war or violence.
• Muhammad killed captives taken in battle. (Ibn Ishaq 451)
• Jesus never took captives; never killed anyone.
• Muhammad encouraged his men to rape enslaved women. (Abu Dawud 2150, Quran 4:24)
• Jesus never encouraged rape; never enslaved women.
• Muhammad was never tortured, but tortured others. (Muslim 4131, Ibn Ishaq 436, 595, 734, 764)
• Jesus suffered torture, but never tortured anyone. (Isaiah 53)
• Muhammad said: “And fight them until there is no more persecution and religion is only for Allah.” (Qur’an 8:39)
• Jesus said: "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.” (Matthew 5:44)
• Muhammad ordered a slave to build the very pulpit from which he preached Islam. (Bukhari 47:743)
• Jesus washed His disciples feet. (John 13:5)
• Muhammad demanded the protection of armed bodyguards, even in a house of worship. (Qur’an 4:102)
• Jesus chastised anyone attempting to defend Him with force. (John 18:10-12)
• Muhammad advocated crucifying others. (Qur’an 5:33, Muslim 16:4131)
• Jesus was crucified Himself, and forgave those who killed Him. (Luke 23:34)
• According to his followers, Muhammad had others give their lives for him. (Sahih Muslim 4413)
• Jesus gave His life for others and their sins. (John 18:11 & Isaiah 53)
• Muhammad's revelations were from an "angel" (satan) and thought his revelations were demonic. (Sahih Buhkari 24:5279, 1:3, 54:438)
• Jesus' revelations were directly from the Father and He claimed to be God. (John 10:30, 8:58, 8:28)
• Muhammad didnt know what was going to happen to him. (Sahih bukhari 58:266, 51:16, Quran 46:9)
• Jesus claimed to be the way, the truth and the life. (John 14:6)
• Muhammad was bewitched. (71:660, 53:400)
• Jesus wasnt.
• Muhammad died like a false prophet. (Sahih bukhari 59:713, Quran 69:44-46)
• Jesus' death was prophesied, died for our sins and resurrected. (Isaiah 53, Mark 10:45, John 10:18, Romans 8:11)
• Muhammad cursed christians and jews before dying. (Sahih bukhari 2.23.472, sahih muslim 1082)
• Jesus before dying said, Father forgive them for they dont know what they are doing. (Luke 23:34)
• Muhammad is in hell. (Revelation 21:8, Matthew 7:15)
• Jesus is in heaven. (Mark 16:19, 1 Peter 3:22)
yesterday at 19:26
You're using the word phobia wrong.
What is irrational about fearing a religion that openly preaches death to non believers and apostates?
yesterday at 19:01.
The first time it's been spotted since 2011
Underwater robot captures footage of suspected melted nuclear fuel at Fukushima
123 likes - 6 comments
yesterday at 19:27
Nothing wrong with Nuclear power,the problem lies with taking risks on safety to maximise profits.A practice much beloved of free marketeers and financial markets.I refer to a comment by the Tory Rees-Mogg MP that our health and safety rules are too strict and that we should adopt those used in India as they seem adequate.I rest my case.
yesterday at 20:56
Hey so can you clean it up now? Or are you going to let it sit for another 6 years?
yesterday at 20:38
THE PROBLEM IS WHERE THEY BUILT IT!! NEVER BUILD A PLANT LIKE THAT IN AN EARTHQUAKE ZONE!ON THE RING OF FIRE NO LESS!! VERY STUPID...
yesterday at 18:41.
As Trump vows to bring back coal, Texan coal plant lays off 70 workers because it's making no money
407 likes - 83 comments
yesterday at 18:42
Why stop at bringing back just coal? I'm sure that we could bring back the horse and buggy and create jobs for blacksmiths while we're at it.
Philip Gonzalez Sr.
yesterday at 18:43
Desperation is showing independent. Which is a misnomer. As an actual independent I clearly see your liberal bias .
yesterday at 18:44
You know, instead of rump lifing up those folks who depend on Coal which is filthy to us and to our planet by the way, you'd 'think' he'd offer them new skills in Green Energy but no, he hustles them and then proceeds to tell them how much he "loves the poorly educated" my god, talk about wallowing and keeping them in the cesspool!! (deep sigh)
yesterday at 18:21.
Corbyn has ruled out Single Market membership
Corbyn is for hard Brexit, so he is officially for his party's few, not its many
243 likes - 188 comments
yesterday at 18:46
Add this to the fact, he has U-TURNED on Student loans as basically you have removed the entire reasoning why the student vote went for Labour.
Want another election with Labour supporting Brexit and Student loan retention?.... Tories would regain a majority and more as the election was swung by student/young voters who believed the Labour Party would stop Brexit and Cancel Student Loans.
yesterday at 18:28
Really when it comes to Brexit Corbyn has always been public enemy number one. Contrast his lack of enthusiasm in the run up to the Referendum with his messianic zeal in the election. He has consistently been against the EU his whole career. He has almost single handedly ensured a Leave vote; this from the leader of a party that was elected on a pro EU platform. He was teh first person to call for the signing of A50 the morning after the referendum!!! No way would I want him to form a government. Its about time the spineless Tory MPs removed May and formed a consensus government to get us through these next few years; Corbyn would be a disaster.
yesterday at 18:24
Leaving Single market but remaining benefits, staying in customs union, and staying in Europol is hard brexit how? Personally I favour staying in single market and am disappointed he doesn't, but to claim that makes for hard Brexit is just BS.
yesterday at 18:01.
Matt Groening made his feelings clear
'Lock him up!' - Simpsons creator leads Comic-Con crowd in anti-Trump chant
676 likes - 20 comments
Ayeni Folorunsho Matthew
yesterday at 18:07
This is so awful, even cartoon characters have now joined anti Trump protest. This is bad. What on earth do you want from Mr Trump!?
yesterday at 18:22
Leave trump alone he's going to make the world a better place to live in by getting rid of a certain section of society
yesterday at 18:02
The worst thing Obama did was to be a decent man, husband and father and a decent President while being black. Something apparently a third of the country still holds against him.
yesterday at 17:41.
According to Anthony Scaramucci
Donald Trump said 'maybe Russia did interfere with US election, maybe they didn't'
95 likes - 44 comments
yesterday at 17:43
This guy is a liar by conviction. For this reason we need more leaks in this administration. It is imperative. The reason is clear. In the annals of ignorance there's nothing more worrisome than Trump. Yes there is something to pardon: America for failing the moronic test with flying colors the last elections. In 2018 we should not repeat the same mistake.
yesterday at 17:42
#STAYWOKE More Importantly:
1. Russians launder $230 Million into NY real estate including Trump properties.
2. Russian lawyer feuding with Putin tips off US authorities.
3. Preet Bharara opens investigation into Racketeering and money laundering including members of Trump family and Manafort.
4. Sessions fires Bharara
5. Russian lawyer who was to testify in case assassinated in street in Ukraine.
6. FBI arrests 2 Turkish bankers representing Russians who immediately hire Giuliani’s law firm.
7. Giuliani tries to circumvent local prosecutors and goes to Comey looking for a deal.
8. Comey not interested. Grand Jury hands down indictments.
9. Trump wants Comey to close Russia investigation
10. Comey not interested
11. Trump fires Comey
12. Sessions announces that Department of Justice “settled” the case with the racketeering and money laundering perpetrators by paying a fine, so there will be no trial. DOJ and witnesses scheduled to testify for the government shocked!
13. Acting FBI Director appoints Special Counsel Mueller before Sessions and Trump appoint new director of FBI for fear of “settling” Russian probe as well.
14. The lawyer who represented the Russian money launderer is the same one who met with Trump Jr.
15. There was another person who attended the meeting: a former member of Russian counter intelligence now a Russian Lobbyist. (Trump Lawyers lied about who attended meeting as well as the details.).
16. Newt Gingrich now added to the investigation for setting up the meeting.
17. Kushner updates his FS86 Security Clearance form for a third time. Seems he just remembered over 100 contacts with foreigners during the campaign and transition. He submitted the first two accounts under the penalty of Perjury and will eventually be charged.
18. Manafort retroactively registers as a foreign agent.
19. Peter Smith Republican operative who claimed to work for Flynn and was in contact with Russian Hackers seeking Clinton emails committed suicide after speaking with the press and admitting to his role.
20. Trump lawyers release five different versions of the meeting along with reversing the statement that “Trump did not know about the meeting”. Trump suddenly remembered something was said about it.
21. Trump Jr’s attempt at transparency came only after the NY Times sent copies of his emails to the White House seeking comment. They asked for a delay in release, which was granted by the Times. They then released the info before the Times could.
22. Rupert Murdoch now shows up as a person of interest due to a company called Genie Energy and his need for Putin’s ok to develop reserves in Occupied Syria!
23. Fox News runs with story that Comey’s notes, which were released contained classified Information. Blasted it out all day from all venues. Trump then tweeted the same. 15 hours later they had to retract it as a lie. No one was fired or resigned.
24. Brian McCauley, Fox News contributor and former FBI agent who made up negative stories about Clinton that was spread by FOX and Russian trolls and bots to key states was on Flynn’s payroll during the campaign and also retracted the stories as being false. No repercussions at Fox.
25. Fox News pundit Wayne Simmons claiming to be CIA agent was arrested, charged and sent to prison for impersonating an agent. He created numerous lies about Clinton over 12 years of broadcasts. FOX slinks away again.
COPY AND PASTE AND SHARE AROUND THE WORLD
Philip Gonzalez Sr.
yesterday at 17:48
CNN fired three people because this guy doesn't take crap from fake news Hillary supporters that are having a super duper tantrum right now.
yesterday at 17:31.
Gal Gadot makes friends with a Wonder Woman fan. Internet simply cannot handle it
1896 likes - 105 comments
yesterday at 17:32
This superhero killed children in Palestine lol west's double standards
yesterday at 17:53
love all the crap coming from Muslims Islam the biggest bunch of murderers out there murdering over 1 million in three years, the murder jews and get paid for it just a bunch of low life sickos. where ever you get muslims you have problem like rape and all crime goes up. and they say it's the religion on peace. LOL no it's nothing more than a stone age cult at best. look at what they follow a fake Prophet and we all know what he was and they follow that here lies the problem when you have been told to follow that crap.
yesterday at 17:51
I wonder how many innocent children she murdered and tortured during her service in evil israeli army....
yesterday at 17:15.
Israeli embassy in Jordan locked down amid reports of gunfire
229 likes - 61 comments
yesterday at 17:18
Well if you murder children, take people's land, make them second class citizens in their country and steal people's homes. Every now and then you should expect a reaction.
yesterday at 17:43
I'm sure you bunch of lunatics will being hoping for a high Israeli death toll.
yesterday at 17:49
The Apartheid State of Israel should be - NEEDS to be, sanctioned, boycotted, and isolated by the international community until it ceases its multiple violations of international law and learns how to behave as decent nation. It stirs up so much trouble in the Middle East. No other country gets away with even a fraction of the crimes that this criminal country commits.
For too long has it acted like a monster brutally oppressing, dispossessing, and routinely murdering the indigenous Palestinians under its worse-than-South African Apartheid regime whilst all the time simultaneously stealing its land and vital resources. Enough. Sanctions now. The international community should follow the recommendation of the authors of the recent UN report which identified Israel as a criminal, racist Apartheid State, and get behind and support BDS [Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions]
yesterday at 17:01.
A 17-year-old has solved one of the biggest problems with air travel
223 likes - 13 comments
yesterday at 17:05
He created a system which stops germs spreading via the recirculation of the air.
Saved you a click
yesterday at 17:02
When I'm on an airplane germs are my least concern.
yesterday at 19:59
Mmm. I thought he had invented a teleportation device.
yesterday at 16:38.
What do you think?
Thor: Ragnarok's new trailer promises the coolest, craziest Marvel movie yet
548 likes - 26 comments
yesterday at 16:43
Yeah but HAVE YOU SEEN THE LEAKED AVENGERS INFINITY WAR TRAILER?!?!?!?
yesterday at 18:19
I love the trailer, but I'm concerned it won't be serious enough in tone for a film that is literally about the end of the world. Comedy and levity is good when used sparingly/correctly, but when relied on too heavily it undermines the drama and sincerity of the story. I HATE the bit at the beginning where Thor says "I lost my hammer, like, just yesterday OMG, so that's fresh..." WTF? He's just lost one of the most powerful weapons in the universe, forged from the heart of a dying star and capable of commanding lightening from the sky, and he's acting like a teenage girl who's just lost her favourite pair of headphones. I'll reserve final judgement for the film itself, but I have my concerns..
Clare Sarah Morris
yesterday at 20:34
Do they have a big hat with all the superheroes in it and then pick them out at random to decide which film they'll make next.
yesterday at 16:21.
The odds are in
Jacob Rees-Mogg now second favourite in betting to be next Tory leader
413 likes - 746 comments
yesterday at 16:22
6 kids and never changed a nappy. Real man of the people there.
Said no person ever
yesterday at 16:22
Please let it happen, this will be the death of the Tories.
yesterday at 16:28
Been impressed by him and as someone who was a Labour supporter pretty disgusted with what they have turned into a bunch of champagne socialists with their own Fuhrer in the form of Corbyn.
yesterday at 16:01.
Women across Middle East are demanding an end to 'marry your rapist' laws
1325 likes - 100 comments
yesterday at 16:05
"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.” - Deuteronomy 22:28–29
Yes that's the Bible, check it yourself.
EDIT: I know it's the Old Testament, my comment is not against Christianity or Christians. It's to show how people can quote the wrong things and misjudge others. But many refuse to accept things they quote are taken out of context or incorrect.
yesterday at 16:12
Another cultural and beutiful idea brought to us by Muslims
yesterday at 16:23
Which law says marry your rapist ?
We might soon see human rights activists from western countries saying raping should be legal
many illegal cases are now legal i guess you know those cases I'm talking about (same sex)
If you westerners say same sex is legal then it's ok but let it end in your countries, don't try to make it legal in every country